We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It’s cough, colds and congestion season!
Everyone is complaining of one symptom or the other. Coughing, sinus congestion,
Doctor’s excuses needed!
Essential oils have
Added bonus… some essential oils having a calming
Essential oils can be used as a topical to soothe inflamed skin, steam inhalation, Diffusing, massage therapy or even ingested depending on the grade. You can also get a plastic bag and DIY a few aromatherapy tissues with drops of eucalyptus and lavender oils.
I suggest patch testing for topical oils. Due to allergic reactions and skin sensitives you want to make sure you have tested it out on your skin first.
Way before you have turned into
Also do your research, as with anything else high-grade essential oils will be better than any other version. You get what you pay for. Carrier oils are also necessary to add to essential oils to dilute the potency and add a base for application. Carrier oils include Almond oil, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil and coconut oil just to name a few.
Ask your doctor if you plan to use essential oils and you are currently taking other medications that may interact with alternative therapies.
• Menthol aroma helps with congestion
• Improves concentration and fatigue
• Soothes nausea, upset stomachs
• Warming effect when massaged in
• Added to warm
• Massaged on
• Great disinfectant. Add to spray bottle with water to disinfect most touched area such as doorknobs, remotes, handles
• Relaxation and calmness
• Sleep aid and decongestant in the diffuser
• Relief from achiness with massage
Or my favorite… Add it to a sugar scrub with olive oil to use on legs and feet as an exfoliator. Talk about smooth
• Reduce inflammation
• Thin mucus
• Provide antioxidant protection
• DIY Aromatherapy tissues
• Purifies air and surfaces
• Positive energizing aroma
• Antibacterial action effective against allergies and colds
• Antibacterial, antiseptic, and antiviral properties,
• Blended lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus, clove, and rosemary best used for sore throats as a topical spray.
• Antioxidant, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties
• Make a skin balm with coconut oil, and a few drops of thyme, eucalyptus
To sum it all
From aromatherapy to
Further Reading: Remedies to Soothe a Sore Throat